Before you begin please ensure you have Closed Outlook and any open emails
1. Go to My computer and double click on F: drive
2. Double click the outlook 2003 folder
3. Double click the RGfL folder
Quick Link - F:\Outlook2003\RGFL
4. Double click the file called setvariablesforrgflprf.vbs
5. Enter your RGfL email address which in most cases will be in the format firstname.lastname@example.org (the one that has automatically populated for you might be correct) and click ok
6. Enter you RGfL mailbox name, again the one that has been entered you will might be correct. Your mailbox name is the same as your RGfL email address with rmbc372 added after the @ sign and before .rgfl.org. Click ok
7. You will now see a menu like the one below. Click OK again.
8. You will now see a message informing you to run the following file SetRGFL.prf
9. From the same folder (F:\Outlook2003\RGFL) now run SetRGFL.prf
10. You will then see the following message, click yes
11. Outlook will then open and a username and password box will pop up, enter your live@edu password, select remember password so you don’t have to keep re entering it when you start up. Click ok.
12. On the left hand side you will see a folder called email@example.com from here you can access your inbox.
Note: If you find that some of your folders are not being displayed when you expand the new mailbox you may need to add them. To do this you will need to:
Right click on the mailbox name (i.e. your name) and select the IMAP Folders option.
On the displayed box press <Query>.
All your available folders are then displayed and to add the folder so that is visible in outlook you click on the folder to highlight it and then press <subscribe> followed by <Apply> and then <OK>.
Click here to download the RGfl Email - Connecting your RGfl Address to Outlook Tutorial